Saturday, June 9, 2012

Book Blogger Hop June 8th - June 14th: Leeloo Was the Fifth Element

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books has restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them. A complete explanation of the history and the rules of the Hop can be found here.

This week Jen asks: If you were to write a book, what type of book would you write?

This question is almost a gimme for me: A science fiction novel. Whether it would be hard science fiction or a space opera is open for debate, but it would almost certainly be a science fiction novel.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

10 comments:

  1. Wow, someone who owns almost as many books as I do! That's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Science Fiction is always a cool topic, although I don't think I would ever be able to come up with anything original! Science fiction writers always blow my mind with their creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not into Science Fiction...I may have to check it out. Good idea for a book.

    Saw your name on the Book Blogger Hop and wanted to stop by.

    My answer can be found here:

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/06/book-blogger-hop-june-8-14.html

    Hope you can hop on by.

    OLD FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, Leeloo. The perfect Fifth Element!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jon: And I don't even have all of them accounted for yet. I still have a few piles to sort and catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jenna: That is one of the things that makes the science fiction genre so endlessly fascinating! There are almost no limits to the possibilities for stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Elizabeth: I am always cautiously optimistic when someone says that they want to try out the science fiction genre. I hope you find a good book or two to try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Julia Rachel Barrett: She's certainly a better fifth element than the one that Aristotle selected. Now I just need to figure out how to fill Korben Dallas' shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Aaron - Cataloging...I started with a spiral notebook, then moved to 3X5 cards, until I'd accumulated about 6,000 books, then typed it all into an early database mgmt software called PFS File, then exported that to create an Access database, then exported from there to HTML/XML, and it's all out on my blog, so I can see it from anywhere I have wifi - like standing in the aisles of an antiquarian bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jon: I started with an Excel spreadsheet, but a friend pointed me in the direction of LibraryThing, and now I use that to keep track of my books. I still keep the Excel spreadsheet, but I don't consider a book to be properly cataloged until it is entered into LibraryThing.

    ReplyDelete