Friday, October 26, 2012

Book Blogger Hop October 26th - November 1st: In a Randomly Chosen Group of 23 People There is a 50% Chance That Two Will Share the Same Birthday

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books has restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another. The hop is currently traveling about the blogosphere and is being hosted by Knitting and Sundries. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them. A complete explanation of the history and the rules of the Hop can be found here.

This week Jen asks: What are three of your favorite book blogs and/or communities? Why do you like them?

My first choice is LibraryThing. That is where I keep track of all my books, all my statistics, and essentially handle the enormous volume of printed material that I have. I know others like Goodreads or Shelfari more, but LibraryThing allows me more substantial control over the details of my virtual library, which is why I prefer it.

My second choice is Parajunkee's View. Parajunkee is always helpful for new book bloggers, and her Book Bloggin' 101 series is an excellent resource.

My third choice is John Scalzi's Whatever, which is cheating somewhat, but it is a book related blog in that its writer is an author and he occasionally features material about books he and his friends are publishing. If you want to know what is going on in the science fiction world right now, a good place to start is Scalzi's blog.

Go to subsequent Book Blogger Hop: A Tesseract Is Made Up of Twenty-Four Squares

Book Blogger Hop     Home

6 comments:

  1. I like library thing too! Have fun reading and a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of LibraryThing but never checked it out. I might have to do that.

    New follower
    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like LibraryThing too, but I like Goodreads better. :)

    My post answer is below.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/book-blogger-hop-1026-111.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joy: Glad to meet another LibraryThing supporter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vonnie Rivera: I recommend it. It is a very good way to keep track of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Elizabeth: I don't have anything against Goodreads. I actually have a seldom used Goodreads account, but I just haven't gone through the labor of adding my books to it.

    I might use it to track my duplicates. That would be useful.

    ReplyDelete