Friday, August 14, 2015

Follow Friday - "Room 222" Aired on ABC from 1969 to 1974


It's Friday again, and this means it's time for Follow Friday. There has been a slight change to the format, as now there are two Follow Friday hosts blogs and two Follow Friday Features Bloggers each week. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow both of the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. Follow the two Featured Bloggers of the week - Bambi Unbridled and Piper's Book Blog.
  3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
And now for the Follow Friday Question: If you could have an endless supply of food what would it be?

If the choice is what type of food I would choose, then the answer is probably bacon cheeseburgers. When I was a first-year student at the University of Virginia, one of the options the meal plan provided for lunch every day was a cheeseburger. I think I ate cheeseburgers for lunch six days a week that year. Charlottesville used to have a hole in the wall burger joint called Big Jim's. They sold the Big Jim's Burger Platter: A half-pound bacon cheeseburger with a mountain of fries, a serving of cole slaw, and a pickle. It was magnificent. Until they closed, I always went there to eat any time I went back to Charlottesville.

But if the choice is for a specific version of a kind of food, then I will pick pizza from Bill Bobe's Pizzeria in Vincennes, Indiana. This is, quite simply, the best pizza in the world. Whenever I tell people this, they are always incredulous. At least they are until they try it. Then they are almost immediately converted. I have driven hours out of my way just to go and eat at Bobe's: At a recent family reunion in New Harmony, Indiana, the redhead and I explained that the day before we had gone from Louisville to Boonville via Vincennes, which, if one looks at the map one will see is a fairly circuitous route. Everyone we told this immediately said "Oh, you went to Bobe's", knowing that driving an extra two hours out of one's way is perfectly acceptable so long as one is getting Bobe's pizza. When asked our religion, my brother and I sometimes state we are "Bobeists".

In short, if I could eat Bobe's sausage pizza three meals a day, every day, I'd be a very happy man.


Follow Friday     Home

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I am a new follower via GFC. looking forward to reading your blog. My blog is http://ponderingtheprose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @MsArdychan: Nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the things I write.

      Delete