Sunday, September 13, 2015

Book Blogger Hop September 11th - September 17th: "120" Is a Turkish Film About Children in the Battle of Sarikamish

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: What is most rewarding about being a book blogger?

I originally started this blog as a way to document my own reading, and it still primarily serves that purpose. The reviews I write about books, movies, and television shows are there mostly for me. Any benefit anyone else gets out of them is entirely a beneficial and mostly unintended side-effect. I suppose that being part of the ongoing conversation about books and other media is also something that is pretty rewarding, but that is mostly just another beneficial side-effect of the primary purpose of blogging for me.

Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: 121 Is the Official End Score for Cribbage

Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. I've kept a reading journal for years. I think if it weren't for the community aspect of book blogging, I wouldn't bother with a blog and would go back to just keeping my own records.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Literary Feline: If I tried to keep a purely personal journal, I'd be likely to forget about it for a week and then just give up and never write in it again.

      Delete